chatbox
spammers & haters will be given to Mandrake Adepts - Discord Users If link doesn't work pm admin
Scions of Terre D'Ange
au kusheline rp

Royal
Noble
Night Court
Priesthood
Military
Commoner
Date

Event

TBA

setting - rules - Alias Sorting - biography - claims - members

Closed
New Poll

Nobility Stylings, How To Address Nobility
Elua
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 03:10 PM
Ageless
d'Angeline
Admin
Everyone
Elua

Nobility Stylings
How To Address Nobility

Key note most of these addresses are normally followed by their title or name when addressing them formally. If in a casual setting just the address can be used without the name. In private is up to the characters how they want to be addressed. This is just a guide and if there any adjustments please let the admin know.

King/Queen: Usually addressed as Your Majesty or Your Highness, royal can be placed before either in the address. In an informal setting or with someone close M’Lord/M’Lady or My Lord, My Lady can be used sparingly.

Dauphin(e): Usually addressed as Dauphin/Dauphine. They can also be addresses as Royal Highness, Most High, Your Excellence, or My Lord/ My lady.

Prince/Princess of the Blood: They have a ton of addresses. In General Most High, Excellence, Prince, or Princess. They can also be addressed as Monsieur Prince or Sir Prince, Princess or Mademoiselle. Monsieur, Sir, Mademoiselle, or Madame for anyone older than the sitting king and/or their heir. Younger would be addressed as My Lord or My Lady. Can also use any of the addresses from Marquis on down.

Duke/Duc/Duchess: They can be addressed as Duke/Duc/Duchess, My Lord Duke, My Lady Duchess, My Lord, My Lady, Most High, Your Grace. This is normally followed by their lands, title or name. Children are addresses as My Lord/My Lady, Sir/Madam, or Master/Mistress.

Marquis/Marquise: Marquis/Marquise, Your Lordship / Your Ladyship or the basic styling of My Lord / My Lady. Can be followed by their lands, title or name. Children are addresses as Honorable, Sir/Madam, or Master/Mistress.

Comte/Comtess: Comte/Comtess, Your Lordship / Your Ladyship or the basic styling of My Lord / My Lady. Can be followed by their lands, title or name. Children are addresses as Honorable, Sir/Madam, or Master/Mistress.

Viscomte/Vicomtesse: Viscomte/Vicomtesse, Your Lordship / Your Ladyship or the basic styling of My Lord / My Lady. Can be followed by their lands, title or name. Children are addresses as Honorable, Sir/Madam, or Master/Mistress.

Baron/Baroness: Baron/Baroness, Your Lordship / Your Ladyship or the basic styling of My Lord / My Lady. Can be followed by their lands, title or name. Children are addresses as Honorable, Sir/Madam, or Master/Mistress.

Noble Military: By either their noble address or their military rank.

Non-Nobility Military: Most commonly by their rank followed by their name or Monsieur, Sir, Mademoiselle, or Madame.

Landowners (non-noble): Seigneur (male) / Seigneuresse (female), also wife of a Seigneur is a Dame and the husband of a Seigneuresse is a Monsieur or just Sir. This is if they do not jointly own the land. If they jointly own then land then they are addressed Seigneur (male) / Seigneuresse (female) or the standard unknown rank addresses.

Dowaynes and their Seconds: They are untiled and not of the noble class but they are treated with the respect of a noble. They are commonly addressed as Monsieur, Mademoiselle, Madame.

Unknown Rank or Title: M’Lord, My Lord, M’Lady, My Lady, Monsieur, Mademoiselle

© darren criss

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skinned by darby of shine & wecode
CFS © Black, Mini-profile created by Holly
Staff Affiliates
Scion's Affiliates
Top RP Sites RPG-D L&O a resource community Rockin Roleplay Forum Roleplay Site ruinandrise OHaV Shadowplay ACADEMY X
Black Prism fateanddestiny HH The Four Dimensions, a paranormal fantasy rp FEROX NickPicHost The Creed.online Potterwatch Restored Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU