chatbox
spammers & haters will be given to Mandrake Adepts - Discord Users If link doesn't work pm admin
Scions of Terre D'Ange
au kusheline rp

Royal
Noble
Night Court
Priesthood
Military
Commoner
Date

Event

TBA

setting - rules - Alias Sorting - biography - claims - members

Add Reply
New Poll

Keeping The Peace, OPEN
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 01:19 PM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn was keeping to the shadows as he walked around the edges of the square, watching those who were having fun. The Roosters were all here somewhere, though they had been told to stand down. Tonight was not the night for any disturbances, or at least not any that they started. Caïn had given the order that tonight was to be a night of peace, no fighting, no killing and no robbery. It was the Longest Night, and maybe he was feeling a little magnanimous, who knew. He also knew his Sister would be out here with them, and he would do nothing to put her in harm, though she knew the family business as well as her own. Though she still had that soft spot inside of her, and while he respected it, it was a pain for him too. Some may think him cruel wanting his Sister to be like him and their Brothers, but then did the City not deserve to pay for the harsh treatment of their Mother?

He was wearing a simple black domino, he did not dress up, he did not feel the levity that others did. He wore this to hide some of his features but in reality most here would know he he was with or without it. His simple black jacket and trousers, and white shirt , were all the costume he needed. That and the small rooster pin that he wore. All his gang wore them, and knew to flash them at times o help get away from certain members of the Guard. After all, half of them were in their pay now.

Taking a cup of wine that one of the younger members of the gang brought him, he sipped it, just a tiny amount, as he waited to see if there were any bad effects. You could never be too careful when you were head of the largest and most troublesome gang in the Doorstep, no the City. He continued to walk around, hoping his siblings were having fun, and as they were, he would continue to walk around and make sure the peace was held.
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 10:49 AM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Jézabel had wandered about plenty - she'd picked at every food she fancied, had spotted a few urchins who were wandering around timidly, and had even taken the time to make them a plate. She was kind to children: she remembered her own hard life, and hated that others would have to go through the same things she did.

Milling about, she spotted a few Roosters wandering the fête, who seemed to somehow be there as... security? That was a nice touch, she thought as one of them gave her a deferring nod. Sometimes, in the presence of her brother's henchmen, she felt like a princess - sister to the king of the doorstep. And well they should be - they had all worked so hard to survive, why wouldn't they be treated like nobility, by those their work supported?

She kept walking about until she found her brother, doing a round of his own. Falling in step with him, she said, "Care for some company, handsome stranger?" It was warm, and tender, and teasing. She knew Caïn thought her too soft, but it seemed to Jezabel that her softness offset his coldness, on the contrary - he needed her to temper his harsh ways, just as she needed him to remain a realist.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 12:51 PM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn never had to worry about his sister being out and about, even when a truce had not been called, she was possibly the safest person in the City, and that went for the Commoner King to. Jézabel had been followed since long before he had gone off to fight on the border, and doubly so since he had come back. It was also one of the cardinal rules he kept: She was off limits to the Roosters. He knew most of them desired her, but she was above the likes of him and his men, she was made for a bigger catch. She had a power of her own, and he had seen she knew how to weild it.

When she fell into step with him, he slowed slightly, her being the only one he would do they for. When she spoke, he looked to the side and into her blue eyes, so like his own, except where hers were full of mischief and the secrets (or not so secret) ways of Naamah, his eyes were a flat glacial blue. "I'll take the company for a bit, but I know you are jesting calling me handsome. That title belongs to the next one down. He is has the looks." His next brother down, the one above Jézabel was the looker, not him.

He continued to walk though he paused at a table to get her a glass of wine, handing it to her as they carried on. No wine for him yet, not until he knew all would be well. "What's the feeling in the crowd? Any rumblings of trouble?" Jézabel was the type people opened up to, so he relied on her at times like this to hear what he didn't.

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 08:07 PM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Caïn's assertion that he was not handsome bothered Isabelle. Some would claim that her brother's soul was dark as night, maybe, that he would answer to Kushiel of his crimes. She would claim that he had done what he had to, to keep her and their siblings safe, to help their mother, and to survive. Anyone who blamed Caïn for becoming what he had become would be forever branded a hypocrite in her eyes.

And she thought he looked fine enough. If her looks had gotten her into the Service, and a made marque, her kin couldn't look that bad - so why not accept the compliment? That was a conversation for another time, another place. She let it go.

The glass was accepted with more elegance than most would have given the gesture, considering where they were and who they were with, but Jézabel's grace was ingrained by years of training and would not be unlearned.

"So far so good," she replied, "the most commotion I've seen is some dog wandering around and stealing food from partiers, but it didn't seem dangerous. The children are fed, by the way."

She wasn't quite comfortable that he would recruit the younger ones, but it was better than leaving them to their own devices, she reckoned. At least they ate, and had people looking out for them - it was the lesser of two evils.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 11:02 AM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn would forever maintain that he had done what he could and would do for his family, and while some thought now that he was just going after power for powers sake, they were not wrong. He wanted the power now, to make sure he and his were always going to be taken care of, and he would make those pay who had ever hurt them in the past. And when he met Kushiel, he would make no xcuses, and stand tall and take his punishment. Who knew, maybe he had Kushiel's own blood i him, as he too felt like a punisher at times, though he rarely knew mercy.

His Sister took the glass from him, and then looked back to her as they waked as she spoke. He expected people to get out of his way, and they always seemed to. He was nodding his head as he walked, though he gave er a sharp look as she pointed out the children had been fed. "I told them to eat, they did not need to be fed by hand, Jézabel, they wont learn if you baby them so." He told her, he had told all his men to eat, and that included the younger ones.

They continued on their circuit, and he looked at her from time to time, his eyes scanning the crowds around them. "I heard Rgoir is here, and if he is then he would have brought his boys, but I've not seen him yet. Just keep an eye, and if they try anything, make a scene and one of the lads will be there straight away." He nodded to her, "Though do you have a eye on anyone this night?"

If he knew he could check them out first. That was what Brothers did, after all.

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 08:12 AM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Jézabel had ignored the sharp look and comment - their mother had fed them as best she could, and showed them love, and she thought it had tided them over into who they were now as much as the hardship that had ensued. If she felt it necessary to be sweet to these children, she would be - let Caïn disapprove as much as he liked. This was something she wouldn't back off from.

Besides, getting those kids to trust and like her was useful: maybe one of them would prove to have potential, and she'd end up fostering a future Servant. And she felt that loyalty grown out of love was more powerful than any loyalty fear could beckon.

This might have been an old debate - for that night, she let it go, not acknowledging the sharpness of her brother's tone.

"I'll keep an eye," she replied to his warning about Rgoir - she wasn't overly worried, felt always safe with her shadows about, but still. It was worth her attention. "I haven't seen anyone interesting so far," she replied, shrugging. "I don't feel like working tonight." A pause, and she raised an eyebrow, glancing at him. "Unless you had a mark for me, of course."

She'd make an exception for Brother Dearest.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 05:01 AM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn knew his sister was too soft at times, but then she had been coddled a little when she was young. Caïn could remember when their Mother went without food, and he would pass most of his rations down to hos younger siblings, so they had plenty even if it meant he went to bed with a mostly empty stomach. It was one of the things that had made him grow up with a hunger to take, to never be in that position again, an important life lesson. And something he was sure the younger kids he now employed also needed to learn. If they did not go and take the food, then not only would they be useless to him, but they would no doubt be too weak in general.

When his Sister spoke of keeping an eye out for their old rival, he nodded his head. Rogir was a pain in his neck, a boil on his arse that just would not fuck off. But there were plans in motion to lance that boil, thing just had to go slowly to make sure it was done right.

"Good, he shouldn't cause any problems tonight, but you can never tell with the likes of him." He said, his voice its usual cold and hard tones. Their older brother, when drunk, used to like to talk about Caïn when he was younger, and he had liked to laugh. Caïn did not remember ever laughing, if he was honest, but when their Brother got to waxing lyrical like that, it meant that he was happy in his cups. And who was Caïn to ruin that?

He nodded as she claimed not to have seen anyone interesting so far, before she asked if there was a mark. He opened his mouth when one of the younger kids came running up with a cup for him. He accepted it. and tossed a ducat to the boy, before taking a sniff. Alban Whisky. Nice. He took a sip and favoured the burn as it worked it way down his throat and into his stomach. "No, no marks tonight. I called a treaty for this night, remember. I wont break that now. All business can wait until tomorrow, unless anyone else starts something."

He was a man of his word. Sometimes.

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 11:15 AM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Part of Jézabel was relieved while the other wasn't. Calling a truce meant they were at war - it wasn't news to her, but she didn't like the reminder. Sometimes she found herself worrying, for instance, about her associates. They were innocent of all this, and only participated in Éloi schemes in that they provided her salon with greater legitimacy. What if Rogir went after one of them? That was what Caïn's protection was for, but still.

"I know you keep your promises," she told her brother, "but things do crop up unexpected."

She took a breath, and one of the kids she'd fed earlier waved at her from afar, smiling. She smiled back a little smile, winked at her, and gave her a head jerk. That one was sleeping at her salon, that night, she had decided. She could use a warm bed - the kid was already ill.

"I know you're going to tell me I'm soft again, but Dinah is not sleeping on the streets tonight," she said by way of explanation. "She'll be no good to you if she catches death, won't she?"

The kid was a good pickpocket, and pretty to boot. She was thinking more and more that she might take her as an apprentice. Something to ponder on the morrow.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:43 AM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn looked at his sister as she spoke of him keeping his promises, and he looked away and back to the people ahead of him, the ones who always moved out his way. She seemed to think that there was some element of good left in him, but that had died long ago when he had come back from the border to find his Mother dead and his siblings living well below the standards he had set before he had left. He tried to keep promises, but that was not always possible, as she said, things cropped up, but there were times when he simply lied and did what he had promised not to do.

It was more that Mighty Kushiel could take from his hide once he had passed this realm. "Sometimes, Jézabel, sometimes."

As their talk turned to the street kids, kids that were like he was when he was their age, though he had been willing to do everything he could to to rise above his shity status. He wanted the same drive that had been inside of him. Maybe he would not be alive to see it, but one day the City would shake, and it would come from the down trodden and forgotten in the Doorstep.

He was busy thinking of that as Jézabel started to talk about Dinah, and he looked at her. "And you treating her like a soft little princess will kill her faster. She needs to learn, to become more, and if you get in the way of that then it does more harm." His voice was harsh, and he had stopped and was looking her in the eyes.

"Unless you are going to be there for the rest of her life to help her, let her learn." It was the kindest way to be, otherwise she would be leant on for the rest of her life.

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:17 PM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Jézabel took Caïn’s tone in stride, shrugging off the way he spoke to her, mostly because though he could order her around all he wished, she was still her own person with her own mind.

She gave him a disapproving pout and shook her head. “I didn’t turn out so bad,” she said to him slowly. “And giving a sick child one night of respite isn’t coddling, it’s calculation. Besides, I’ve half a mind to keep her around and train her. She’s pretty enough for it, if she survives with all her hair and teeth.”

There was that, too: beautiful children didn’t stay beautiful very long under the harsh treatment they were dealt, and that took power from them that they could use later, if it was preserved. “Fair enough, Caïn. If you feel so strongly about it, consider her my apprentice.”

It was sooner than she had planned, but he was forcing her hand to some degree. Now she was grumpy, and she looked to the revelers. Would that she be as light-headed as these ignorant fools.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 11:38 AM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn had grown harsher in the last few years, he knew, but that did not stop him from it. He knew that being merciful out here was akin to being weak, and the moment one of the other gags got a sniff of weakness it would be over. And he wasn't about to let that happen. He had worked too hard, and done too much to let anyone come along and take it now.

He could her tone, and the look he was getting from her, and he ook in a deep breath before he said something that he may regret. "You can't save them all, and if you keep taking them all then I wont have any little ones left to help me." He told her, stuffing his hands into his long black coats pockets.

When his Sister then told him that the girl was now her apprentice, he rolled his eyes and nodded his head to her. "Whatever makes you happy, Jézabel." Not that she wouldn't do that anyway, but he knew there was little point in arguing with her. "Might want to ask her if she wants to serve Naamah first, and not make the decision for her."

He knew it was a bit of a low blow, but he wasn't about to pull his punches now.

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 07:52 PM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

If looks could kill....

Jézabel was irritated in the extreme. Who did he think he was to school her into the rules of the service? Oh, she had been of age when she entered it, and it had been a highly pragmatic choice, made out of the necessity to feed herself and those that Cain had left behind.

She had never really reproached it to him - she had always assumed that he had been doing his best, as she was. Besides, if all the children died of starvation or illness, he wouldn't be helped either.

Her generally pleasant features closed off entirely. She looked away from him, and took a deep breath through her nose, counting to ten. How dare he. How dare he. And then she decided there was nothing to be gained from it, and shrugged it off.

"I'm well aware of how the Service works," she replied simply. "But thank you for the reminder, brother."

Her tone was dripping cold: some lines, one does not cross. Not even him.

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Caïn Éloi
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 11:44 AM
d'Angeline
Gang Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Caïn could see the way she started to close herself off now, now angry she looked, and how cold. For a moment he was sure that this was the closest she had ever liked like him in her life, and he felt a moment of pride. Maybe there was hope for her after all, because if anything happened to him, the Roosters would need a strong leader.

Though she still had that soft heart.

When she spoke, her words were cold, dripping in sarcasm and clipped. Not her usual voice at all. He didn't look at her, he simply continued on, surprised that she was still walking along beside him. "Any time, Jézabel, any time."

A few moments later, he stopped as he called Ben to his side. He whispered to him to make sure the kids knew they were to eat. He wasn't telling them to feed the kids, but to make sure they knew you eat and possibly hoard some food for the next few days. He also accepted a glass of Alban whisky and downed it in one.

"Jézabel, why don't you go and find some fun. Before I sour your whole year."

Jézabel Éloi
PMEmail
^
Jézabel Éloi
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:11 AM
D'Angeline/Ephesi
Free Servant
Single
Grasshopper

Sometimes, Jezabel told herself that the only thing Cain truly loved was power - he seemed to relish the little attentions and offerings his crew brought to him. He was turning into an idol.

Power, she told herself, corrupts. Just look at the nobles.

That was something to think about.

"I've got a few things to do tonight," she replied without emotion. "Enjoy your court."

A pause.

"And joie."

With that, she left. On the morrow, she would forgive her brother, but tonight, tonight, she would just forget him.

[OOC: End RP :-) ]

Caïn Éloi

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by darby of shine & wecode
CFS © Black, Mini-profile created by Holly
Staff Affiliates
Scion's Affiliates
Top RP Sites RPG-D L&O a resource community Rockin Roleplay Forum Roleplay Site ruinandrise OHaV Shadowplay ACADEMY X
Black Prism fateanddestiny HH The Four Dimensions, a paranormal fantasy rp FEROX NickPicHost The Creed.online Potterwatch Restored Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU