chatbox
spammers & haters will be given to Mandrake Adepts - Discord Users If link doesn't work pm admin
Scions of Terre D'Ange
au kusheline rp

Royal
Noble
Night Court
Priesthood
Military
Commoner
Date

Event

TBA

setting - rules - Alias Sorting - biography - claims - members

Add Reply
New Poll

Axes & Mead, Axelle Germaine - Camlach
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 06:09 AM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif was more than a little worried, but she was not quite sharing her fears with anyone else right now. The winter had not brought the usual heavy snows and unbearable colds that it normally did, and she knew this left the passes from the Skaldi mostly open. And while most the tribes were now in talks with the Engles, she knew that some were not, and they were the ones most likely to take advantage of the light winter conditions. Bastards. She had decided to come and sign on with a company for one of the Cameline Lords, and just luckily the commander was a woman. Good. She hated reporting to men.

She sat in the camp around a large fire as many of her fellow Valkyrie and the solders of the Lords company danced and drank around them. It was the Longest Night, but that meant little to her except the passing of another year. What did she had to celebrate apart from being alive and free, and that she celebrated every day. She did not need a special night to be happy about it.

She was in her usual leathers, a dark grey shirt on under it. She had her wet stone in her hand as she was running it over the edge of her favourite axe. It was the one she had stolen to free herself from the stedding, and she used it as he main weapon now. She continued to sharpen the blade, watching the way the fire danced in reflection along the metal.
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 09:25 AM
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

Axelle had gone home after making sure that Delta and Darcy were well. Or rather as well as one could get. Darcy was at least mending and they needed someone at home. Scratching her neck slightly as she wandered the camp she raised a bottle that seemed to be full of something but was little more than juice rather than the wine and joie many others were taking part of this night. Toasting the others who were celebrating, she didn't much feel like it. She felt tired and cold and wondered how others made it through but dawn was coming and with it a new day and a new era.

Tilting her head when she caught sight of one of her people around a fire sharpening an axe she had to smile. That was something else entirely. Striding over she sat down beside the Valkyrie and took a drink of her juice. She didn't want wine tonight. She'd tried to have a glass with her dinner but it turned sour and had been passed off to one of the others at her table easily enough. "I've always been fascinated by dancing flames but rarely has anything been more beautiful than flames on metal." Staring at the fire she idly wondered what in the world she was supposed to be saying and where that even came from. Fire? Really? Thats where she went with it?

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:05 PM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif had been working slowly on her blade, she was in no rush to get the job done, she was going to be doing this for most of the night. She did not mind staying sober and alert while the rest of her girls drank and celebrated in whatever way they wanted to. When someone sat down next to her, she looked up and noticed the woman who was in charge here. Axelle Germaine. Sif smiled to her slow, and then chuckled when the woman mentioned how beautiful the fire looked on the axe blade. "I think the reflection of the fire is more beautiful, steel added into the flame." She lifted the axe to the other woman, haft first, and waited for her to take it.

"This is the axe that I stole to free myself from my captors. I have kept it in perfect condition ever since." She smiled a little, looking at the designs she had etched into the haft over time. After another moment, she offered her hand. "I'm Sif."

Axelle Germaine
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 03:34 PM
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

Surprised that the woman would give up her weapon so readily to her she took the haft carefully. The weight of it, both physical and once explained the history of it, surprised her even more. She knew that axes had many purposes but Sif was the only one who seemed happy to have it as a weapon. This would be why perhaps. She smiled and ran her thumb over the designs slowly. Taking the offered hand she only let go to offer her weapon back. "Sif, I'm Axelle and that is a beautiful blade." It went well with the woman who weilded it but she didn't want say anything. She offered her the bottle of juice. "Juice? Better than water and keeps the others from hassling you too much." Not that many hassled the woman. The men, she'd noticed, kept their distance. Which would be far better since if either of her brothers were there they would be there bothering them both. Rather Delta would and Darcy would be hanging back keeping the others away. "You're not joining the festivities?"

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 04:30 PM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif watched as the woman looked over the blade, and Sif could see that the woman knew her weapons. The way she handled it, no hesitation, no clumsy holds, she held it easily as if she was holding a sword or dagger. This Engel was a warrior and no mistake. It was good to see though, as most Engel women were tough but also weak. She didn't think of herself as an Engel or a Skaldi, she was a mut, of both but belonging to none. It was the way she liked it now. "May the gods smile on you, Axelle." She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah, it is. I make sure to keep it in good condition to." She added, before shaking the woman's hand. Strong and calloused, much like her own. When she was offered the juice, she accepted it and took a sip, before giving it back and shaking her head about the celebrations. "Not much point. Some need to keep their heads out here, and well, it's just a night like any other really." She said, before nodding to Axelle. "You? You didn't fancy celebrating?"
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 11:51 AM
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

Axelle shrugged slowly hearing her reasoning. It wasn't much a celebration in the houses. Her foster father had been killed, her brother almost died, her family was away and she was trying to make sure that everything was running properly. She looked around at the smattering of fires around them and heard the giggles before turning back to the woman next to her. "My moods for celebrating are...low. I'll feel better once everything gets normal again. Or I suppose our new normal but thats hardly what you're asking I think. It'll be easier later." She took another sip of the juice and thought about it. "The gods have smiled on me as much as any other I suppose." She was still grieving the loss of the Marquis who had ridden with them. It was just as bad as if her own father had been lost. However word of Darcy recovering well made her better and calmed her snapping at the men. She smiled slowly and looked at her companion. "If it's any other night for you perhaps you wouldn't mind company at your fire?"

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 05:28 PM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif watched the woman next to her as she spoke of not having mood to celebrate, and for a moment Sif was glad that she wasn't the only one. "Normal? What is that I wonder?" She grinned to the dark haired woman and tosses her a wink for good measure. She looked back to the fire, her hands sharpening the stone again without thinking. Idle hands were Loki's playthings. When Axelle spoke of the gods, she snorted a little and then flushed. "Forgive me, I don't put much stock in the gods, the Skaldi or the Engle." After all what had by done for her? She continued to work the edge of her axe and then looked back to the dark eyed woman. "You are neither drunk nor silly, so you are welcome at my fire." She smiled to the other woman, "So how did you end up carrying a sword? If I can ask."

Axelle Germaine
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:25 PM
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

Axelle laughed softly at her joke. Honestly what was their normal? She wasn't entirely certain she knew anymore. Or ever did to be honest. She concentrated on the flames that were dancing before them for a moment enjoying the easy silence only as it was broken by the sharpening of her blade. Looking over at her as she spoke of the gods she shrugged slightly and gave a shy smile. Some weren't meant to believe. Didn't affect her faith any. She would continue to pray to Eisheth and Camael. It was the way of things. She smiled slightly at the offer to stay at her fire. She tilted her head as she chuckled and blushed at the memory of picking up a sword. "Ah....promise not to look down on me?" She knew these women weren't fond of men but her father and the Marquis had raised her as best as they could. She just couldn't stop taking after her father when she was better suited to that rather than embroidery. "I was raised around with men folk and when my mother passed I followed my father around and was raised up with the guards. They taught me how to raise a sword before I could walk." She smiled shyly. "Then I had to keep at it to keep my foster brothers in line. They had to have someone to keep them in line."

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:23 AM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif did not mind the new company, especially company hat had such pretty dark eyes. She looked at them from under her lashes as her head continued to be tilted down, so it seeed she was focused in that she was doing. She did not need to look at her hands, she knew the shape of the blade, the curve of it, and how best to run the stone against its surface. She would not cut herself, she was sure of that, and when the woman next to spoke, Sif looked up and raised an eyebrow to her. "Look down on you? Why would I look down on you?" She looked genuinely confused there. She watched as she began to talk about being raised around men, and keeping her her foster brothers in line. She smiled a little and nodded her head slowly. "I know my Ma was d'Angelie, but she was a captive of the Skaldi tribe. I've no idea who she was, she died when I was young. And my Father," she snorted and shrugged a shoulder, "I have no idea which one he was. And neither did anyone else." The bitterness in her voice unmistableakle.

Axelle Germaine
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 03:00 PM
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

She smiled shyly as she relaxed watching the edge of the stone moving over Sif's blade. The familiar rhythmic movements were making her calm. She loved the sounds of metal and stone and fire. It was something familiar and wonderful. She looked up to see a raised eyebrow and a look of confusion blushing more as she seemed to have put her foot in it. "Well, some don't seem to be fond of learning from men or working with them. They seem to think it makes my experience less." She frowned slightly at the story. She didn't feel sorry for her because she had the experience. She felt sorry that the pain was there. She was upset by anyone in pain, especially when it wasn't necessary. She looked over at her and leaned in brushing back a bit of Sif's hair gently. "Don't beat yourself up. If he wouldn't stick about to claim you as a wonderful heir then he's not worthy of your time." She was certain that the woman would think she was insane. Dropping her hand she sighed softly and sat back nervously taking another drink of her juice. Maybe the juice had fermented without her noticing and she was drunk without meaning to be. She should leave. Get away and hide for the rest of the day.

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 04:19 PM
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif had not understood Axelle to start with, but at she explained what the others thought she frowned and shook her head slowly. "Fuck them. They don't know you and they don't know your experiences. You have good ones of men, who seem to respect you and see your abilities. They any woman calls you less for that, they are simply jealous." She didn't hide her feelings from her voice and they were quite strong. "And if any of my lot give you shit, send them to me. I'm this world we should be helping build each other up not tearing each other down, men do that enough as it is." the threat was there of what she may do, but she didn't go into details now. Sif was used to the telling of her story by now, and when Axelle seemed to have some strong emotions about it, and even brushed her hair aside, Sif looked up surprised. Her words were kind, but Sif didn't need kindness on this issue. "I'm not, the pig can rot outside the halls of Valhalla for all I care."She said, and meant it to. When the woman sighed and seemed to fidget, Sif looked around. "Hungry? I've some boar roasting over there. Can't I tempt you into a boar roll or there is stew. Yeni makes a wonderful stew."

Axelle Germaine
PMEmail
^
Axelle Germaine
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:35 am
D'Angeline
Cavalryman
Single
Wolfe

She tried to stamp down her shock with a smile but it had to show a little bit. She relaxed more and nodded as the offer to send the women to Sif was issued. It seemed as though they were of a like mind. Although she hadn't had much tearing down. Any time it had been tried she'd had her brothers and the other men she'd impressed to help stand up and show the idiots that they belonged begging at the sole of her boots. Her lips quirked up at the mention of the pig rotting outside of Valhalla. That was....their Terre d'Ange Beyond if she remembered right. Her stomach gave out a growl at the mention of food and she chuckled. "The best way to anyones heart is through their stomach my friend. Lead on and I'll be happy to eat with you." Among a few other things but food first and then to try and get a smile on the serious woman's face.

Sif Vaterlos
PMEmail
^
Sif Vaterlos
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:45 pm
½ Skaldi
Mercerny Leader
Single
LuLuBlu

Sif wasn't about putting other women down, no matter what they did or didn't do with who. There was enough of that from the men she had encountered, and she doesn't want to think that women would do that to each other. Of course they did, it was human nature, but it wasn't something Sif tolerated, and if she heard women doing it in her band, then there were plenty of shitty chores she would assign to break the habit. When Axelle's stomach growled, Sif grinned and stood, laughing softly as the woman let out a cliche. "Technically, it's through the rib cage, but that is neither here nor there." She winked, and they reached the food that had been laid out. "Grab what you fancy," She said with a wicked grin on her lips.

Axelle Germaine
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by darby of shine & wecode
CFS © Black, Mini-profile created by Holly
Staff Affiliates
Scion's Affiliates
Top RP Sites RPG-D L&O a resource community Rockin Roleplay Forum Roleplay Site ruinandrise OHaV Shadowplay ACADEMY X
Black Prism fateanddestiny HH The Four Dimensions, a paranormal fantasy rp FEROX NickPicHost The Creed.online Potterwatch Restored Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU